Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Ups & Downs of 2012

So upon reflecting this past year, I thought I would put things into perspective for myself and write out the good, the bad, and the ugly of 2012. Here are the highlights.

The Good of 2012
1. I got engaged & married to the love of my life and truly wonderful man
2. I finished my first year of my Ph.D. program
3. I was awarded a full fellowship at my school which also = no tuition
4. I presented at my first conference

5. I got pregnant

The Bad & Ugly of 2012
1. We lost our first pregnancy

Overall, I would say the good clearly outweighs the bad of the year. While I was hoping to send out a holiday card to our friends and family announcing that we were expecting, I sent this out instead (obviously I cropped out our names here). It still puts a smile on my face, and is the day I try to remember most when thinking of 2012. Here is to a new beginning and a new year!


7 comments:

  1. What a great picture! And an absolutely gorgeous dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're beautiful. Seriously! <3 you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous! Here's to an amazing 2013 <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. You forgot one for the good:
    6. Made friends with Sun (one awesome b!tch) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous dress! Love your pics on TB (adunkin) so decided it's time to start creepin' on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for such wonderful compliments! Probably the best day of my life right there in that picture <3
    And creepers are always welcome adunkin :)

    ReplyDelete