Tuesday, December 18, 2012

We Are Newtown

This tiny little state, this charming little town...

The nation is in shock, we are in grief, and I sit here in my little area of the country and wonder how can I help? I attended a memorial yesterday for the victims, both directly and indirectly, affected by this tragedy. Alumni at my school lost children, cousins; a former student of mine lost her mother. I have no words or answers. I plan on driving to Newtown this week to drop off teddy bears for the children of Sandy Hook, after all it is only 30-45 minutes from where I live in Connecticut. But is this really all I can do?

Our state has changed, our nation has changed, our world has changed.

Praying for those 20 children and 6 adults that became angels far too soon.



3 comments:

  1. So completely heartbreaking. Sending so many prayers to everyone involved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many prayers heading towards CT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many thoughts and prayers are with Newtown, it's citizens, the families affected, the loved ones lost and those that became angels way to soon.

    ReplyDelete