Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I'm such a slacker!

Why do I even have this blog? I ain't even be writing these days!

So what is going on with me you wonder:

15dpo no AF yet but I feel like I'm just waiting for her to show up today or tomorrow. I tested at 12dpo but got a BFN and haven't tested since. Trying to stay positive and trying not to get discouraged but it is getting harder and harder as cycles pass me by. I'm also nervous about starting cycle #9 because DH is going to ANOTHER curling tournament next weekend and we could potentially miss my FW. I actually considered going but it is in Canada so no bueno.

Life goes on....

School has been kicking my ass this semester. We are on a trimester schedule so I only have about a month or so left before I'm done and I can.not.wait. After that is it just time to study for the comprehensive exams which take place in June. In a Ph.D. program you complete 30 credits and then must take 2 comprehensive exams to move forward. One is in theory and the other is a combination of research and statistics. Each is approximately 8 hours long. Good times! BUT after that (if I pass) I go on to take maybe one or two more classes depending on how many of my Master's credits my dissertation committee will let me transfer, and these classes will be in my specialty area. From there I defend my dissertation topic and take one more comprehensive exam in my specialty. Then I will officially be ABD (all by dissertation). Whewwww but I am moving along at a good pace and already have ideas in place for my dissertation. I will be focusing primarily on sexual offenders and recidivism (re-arrest rates), but I still have to funnel it down.

Okay if you actually read that incredibly boring paragraph I am flashing my boobies for you!

I want to give an extra special thank you to an amazing bumpie friend who sent me a care package over the weekend. It was so incredibly sweet and filled with so many thoughtful things. I will be PIPing that shit on here to brag a little more :)


2 comments:

  1. Did this thing seriously just eat my comment?! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAA?

    Ok. If this posts twice, don't hate me but I took the time to type junk out, damnit.

    1. PIP that loot, yo! I wanna see the awesomeness.
    2. Your dissertation sounds really interesting. Considering my employment, I'm really interested to find out if the rearrest rate is what I think it is.
    3. Your face is amazeballs.
    4. boobies x 2.

    ReplyDelete